All public performances of Kingsbury Creations Products require a valid Performance Licence. Blanket licences or permissions taken out with copyright agencies such as PRS do not cover musicals or dramatic works.
NB: The performing of a Kingsbury Creations Product in public without possession of a Performance Licence will place you in contravention of the Copyright Act and could render you liable to prosecution.
The Licence can be purchased directly from this website, as part of the Full Production Package or separately, and must be paid for in full no later than 28 days before the date of the first performance. If there are changes to your licensing circumstances or if you have any enquiries regarding the Licence, then please contact the Kingsbury Creations at:
1 Cliff Road
Essex CO12 3PP
Upon receipt of a valid Performance Licence you are granted permission to perform the Product subject to certain conditions, some of which can be negotiated with Kingsbury Creations, but will typically include the following:
1. The Licence does not allow public performances outside the confines Purchasing Institution. The confines of the Purchasing Institution are defined as the main site of that institution and any additional sites belonging to the institution.
2. The Licence is not transferable and it is non-exclusive.
3. You may not lend, loan, rent, sell or distribute the Product (or copies thereof) in any form. However, you may make copies of the Product, but these copies are strictly for use within the Purchasing Institution only.
4. The Licence permits You to give a stated maximum number of performances, detailed on your invoice . For the licensing of any additional performances You must purchase extra Licences accordingly.
5. If you are charging for admission to a performance of the Product then Kingsbury Creations is entitled to 10% of the gross admission receipts. You must declare this figure to Kingsbury Creations within one month of the day of the final performance. This is in addition to the Performance Licence fee.
6. You are responsible for taking reasonable measures to prevent access to (and any form of recording of) any performance of the Product by unauthorised persons, and You are responsible for terminating any unauthorised access of which You have notice or knowledge. You agree to co-operate in any investigation of unauthorised access to, or recording of, performances of the Product.
7. Up to two representatives of Kingsbury Creations reserve the right to attend any performance of the Product by You.
8. No significant changes or additions to the Product are permitted without permission from Kingsbury Creations. If changes are consequently permitted then any associated literature, including but not limited to programs and posters, should clearly state that the material has been altered or abridged.